Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Clinic
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Abbotsford Regional Hospital.
Please review the volunteer requirements and application process below. Only candidates who qualify for available positions will be contacted for an interview.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, applicants from the Abbotsford community will be considered first. If you live outside the Abbotsford area we recommend you submit your application in the community in which you reside.
- ARH Auxiliary
- Emergency Room
- General Day Care
- Gift shop
- Neonatal Intensive Care
- Patient Visits
- Pet Visitation
- Renal Services
- Surgical Day Care
- Volunteer Resources
Please note some areas may not have vacancies in the program. We will make every effort to match you with the volunteer opportunity that meets your interests.
Visit the BC Cancer Agency website for more information on volunteering for the BC Cancer Agency – Abbotsford Centre.
- Volunteers must be 19 years of age. (Under 19 years of age, please see the VolunTEEN section.)
- Volunteers must be willing to commit to a minimum of 6 months or 75 hours of volunteer service. Unfortunately, we do not have any short term volunteer roles at this time.
- Volunteers must adhere to Fraser Health immunization requirements and policies.
- Strong communication skills
Step 1: Apply: Download the application form below and complete in full.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Submit the form with a personal written letter of reference attached, by mail or in person to:
- Abbotsford Regional Hospital, Volunteer Resources, 32900 Marshall Road, Abbotsford, BC V2S 0C2.
- Drop off the application with the reference letter attached in a sealed envelope at the Greeter desk in the Atrium of Abbotsford Regional Hospital.
- Applications will remain on file for 6 months.
Step 2: Interview: Once your application has been received:
- Your application will be reviewed to ensure that your qualifications, skills and personality suit available positions.
- Only candidates who qualify for available positions will be contacted for an interview.
Step 3: Screening: Once you have been interviewed:
- Reference checks will be completed by program staff.
- Applicant must successfully complete a Criminal Record Check (documents will be provided during the interview)
Step 4: Orientation: Following the completion of a successful reference check and receipt of Criminal Record Check:
- You will be notified that you have met the requirements to attend the next Volunteer Orientation.
Step 5: Placement: Once all four steps are completed, program specific training will be provided.
For more information on how you can become a volunteer, please contact:
Abbotsford Regional Hospital
32900 Marshall Road