Auxiliary Volunteers work directly with patients as ambassadors for the hospital. Volunteering presents exciting new learning opportunities and enriching experiences. Whether it be through direct or indirect interaction with patients and their families, volunteers help to improve the quality of care and the overall hospital experience.
What We Do:
- We support the Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cottage Worthington extended care facilities.
- Our support began in 1921 at a small 14 bed hospital, known as Cottage Hospital, with 32 caring women who formed the first auxiliary.
- Today we have many members, including men and teens, who continue to support patient care.
- Our role includes fostering relations with our community by offering support to patients and their families through personal contact and the provision of needed supplies.
- We also utilize raised funds to purchase diagnostic and lifesaving medical equipment.
- The Auxiliary’s fundraising is mainly supported by the operation of a very successful Gift Shop.
- We also are involved in a knitting workroom, bake and craft sales and seasonal raffles.
- Our members also participate in volunteer services such as Greeters Desk, Forensic Nursing Services, Emergency room support, Surgical Day Care and Resource Depot.