SURGICAL DAY CARE
- Volunteers in Surgical Day Care perform non-clinical duties to make the hospital experience for surgical patients more comfortable.
- Volunteers direct them to change rooms, instruct patients on the correct way to wear their hospital gowns and prepare them for their interview with the nursing staff.
FORENSIC NURSING SERVICES
- The Auxiliary purchases track suits for patients who are victims of assault or abuse.
- Our auxiliary purchases clothing to facilitate in discharging patients. The clothing is kept in good supply and is accessible to hospital staff when there is a need. Often, the providing of necessary clothing and amenities helps the discharged patient leave the hospital and frees up beds for other patients.
- Auxiliary volunteers are needed and appreciated for their role in providing assistance to staff in this busy area of the hospital.
- Volunteers provide some relief for staff who are often dealing in an unpredictable and stressful environment.
- Volunteers provide comfort to patients, family members and visitors. They assist with communication in a guest related role which eases the burden of staff.
Our Auxiliary members help out at the busy Greeters Desk.
- Our volunteers help visitors locate family members and friends who are patients in the hospital.
- Often they accompany visitors to the correct location.
GENERAL DAY CARE
- Volunteers provide comfort, support, and information to patients and families attending General Day care for medical procedures.
- Volunteers complement and enhance the role provided by the professional hospital staff.
ICU COFFEE PROGRAM
- Initiated and partially funded by the Harris family, the program provides free coffee for family and friends of patients in ICU.
- A Keurig machine purchased by the auxiliary is continuously supplied with coffee pods, cream, sugar and cookies.
- Be part of our great family, meet new friends, and make a difference in our community.
- We have volunteer opportunities within our hospital that will suit everyone’s passion and skills.
- Our Auxiliary volunteers provide a valuable service to patients, families and staff by performing a variety of support functions throughout the hospital. Come join us!